[Klug-general] Flash player sound [NOT-SOLVED]

james morris james at jwm-art.net
Tue Dec 22 20:45:41 UTC 2009

>Pulseaudio is another sound server like ESD. I thought ESD was on the way
>out in favour of pulse. Dunno, I don't use either.

According to the description of the debian pulseaudio package:

"PulseAudio... is a drop in replacement for the ESD sound server with
much better latency, mixing/re-sampling quality and overall
architecture."

And in Debian there's a pulseaudio-esound-compat package.

Maybe you should try installing PulseAudio to replace as much ESD/esound
stuff as possible.

I'm only going down this track, because while googling to get an idea
about the problem you've got, one person seemed to solve the problem by
installing an ALSA-esd package as I previously suggested.

Unfortunately I'm not at all familiar with Suse.

james.