[Klug-general] More free stuff

Alan at comm-tech alan at communitytechnology.org.uk
Fri Feb 13 19:38:23 UTC 2009

Colin McCarthy wrote:

> Hi again.
> This time we found a Fujitsu Siemens C-Series Lifebook in the store room.
> Anybody want a Celeron 600mhz, 64MB ram, 6GB laptop? Battery is
> probably no good, but it seems to run Puppy off a Live CD pretty well.
>
> Tell me by Tuesday if someone wants it otherwise it to will go into a
> landfill.
>
> Colin

Greetings all,

It is both unnecessary and inadvisable to landfill electronic equipment
(WEEE).

Inadvisable because European WEEE legislations allows for a fine to be
levied on anyone caught landfilling electronic waste.

And unnecessary because there are a whole lot of DCF in Kent which are
capable of handling your e-waste safely for example
http://www.valpak.co.uk/dts/page1734lk.aspx

More info and guidance here on the EA website:
http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/business/topics/waste/32096.aspx

And if your a business and have loads and loads of it, we can help you
do the right thing.
http://comm-tech.org/ccr

Cheers,

Alan