[Klug-general] Klamav - update error

Mike Rentell michael.rentell at ntlworld.com
Tue Feb 24 11:41:28 UTC 2009

G'mornin' all,

My system advised me of a Klamav upgrade and I then downloaded it. I've
been running klamav/clamav for some time just to be on the safe side.
The automatic installation failed so I found the files and tried it
myself. It requires a full compile as root and ./configure began OK but
after two pages of quick dialogue it failed with this:

checking size of char *... (cached) 4
checking for KDE version... KDE 3.5.x (x >=2) or SVN trunk
checking for cl_scanfile in -lclamav... no
configure: error: Can't find ClamAV's libraries. Please check your
installation of ClamAV.
[root at localhost klamav-0.45]#

That seems odd as I've got the previous version of klamav running OK.

Any ideas would be very welcome.

MikeR
in Folkestone