[Klug-general] MQSQL to MYSQL

Dan Attwood danattwood at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 5 16:20:29 UTC 2009

Hi all this is a bit of a long shot but never ventrued...

We have an enterpise system here built on MSSQL and a new website beng built
that uses phpbb for its forums running on MYSQL.

We need to use phpbb as we need to tie the forums into several different
websites.

We tryign to set it up that changes can be made in the MSSQL database -
adding new users etc and then these changes be passed into the MYSQL server.

Wer'e using mysql odbc 5 and we can set up a linked server in MSSQL
enterprise manager, we can see the MYSQL tables and we can run queries that
pull the data out of the tables. We can't however get the quries to write
data back into the MYSQL tables.

Does anyone have an ideas or experience in doing this?

Dan