[Klug-general] Problems with Ledger SMB

Mike Rentell michael.rentell at ntlworld.com
Mon Jan 26 12:48:10 UTC 2009

J D Freeman wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 12:20:43PM +0000, Michael E. Rentell wrote:
>> My apologies for beginning a new thread, but I am now working directly
>> in Debian 5.0 (Lenny) under VirtualBox and had to configure a new email
>> client to get the attachment attached.
>>
>> I've now downloaded the ledgersmb .deb file again and also the
>> dependencies file. The latter installed OK (I think) but not the
>> ledgersmb .deb file.  The attached, as J Freeman asked, is an odt of the
>> text it spat out when it refused to install. I can see that I need to
>> put some more dependencies in. I had hoped that Debian would do that for
>> me.
>>
>> We progress!  Thanks for the advice.
>
> try:
>
> apt-get install libmime-lite-perl liblocale-maketext-lexicon-perl libdbi-perl libdbd-pg-perl postgresql-client-8.3 apache2
>
> You may want to change postgresql-client-8.3 to postgresql-client-8.2 OR
> postgresql-client-8.2
>
> A note for the future, sending text in an odt file is a right utter pain in the arse, rather than simply dumping it out as a text file, which would have shown up in my mail client, I had to save it as and then open it up in open office.
>
> If you want to dump the log of apt try sticking this on the end:
>
> 2>&1 | tee apt-get.log
>
> and mail apt-get.log.
>
> which gives you the full command to run of:
>
> apt-get install libmime-lite-perl liblocale-maketext-lexicon-perl libdbi-perl libdbd-pg-perl postgresql-client-8.3 apache2 2>&1 | tee apt-get.log

Thanks for that advice J, and my apologies about the text. I'll bear
that in mind for the future.

I tried what you said and apt-get replied with:

Reading package lists.... done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... done
E: Couldn't find package libmime-lite-perl
V-Box Debian: /home/mick#

Any further advice would be helpful, but I am beginning to think there
is an error in this installation of Debian 5.0 (beta) because it now
throws up a message window after loading saying that there is a kernel
error and asks to forward the details to some website. It says there is
a log of details but doesn't tell me where and I'm not bright enough to
know where to look.

Perhaps I should delete the virtual machine and completely reinstall Lenny.

MikeR