[Klug-general] Problems with Ledger SMB

Laurence Southon laurence at southon.uk.net
Fri Jan 30 13:47:16 UTC 2009

Mike Rentell wrote:
> Hmmm, I tried that and it began to install that package from my debian
> 4.0 installation DVD but then failed with an MD5sum error. Never done
> that before. I wonder if Linux Magazine got it wrong when they compiled
> the DVD.
>
> So I Googled for that package, found it, downloaded it, read the README
> which said that I should simply type:
>
> perl Makefile.PL  (I would never have known)
> make
> make text  (that's a new one too)
> make install
>
> The first line failed with:
>
> HTML::Tagset 3 not found

Mike,

It's better to use a Debian package where possible. You would be better
to set apt to use an internet connection rather than DVD. You can then
get the latest packages and do updates. Say if you want help with
setting apt up for that.

Secondly are you trying to install ledgersmb using the deb from
Sourceforge or the tar.gz? The 'Build.PL' you referred to is present in
the tar.gz but not in the deb, and doesn't seem to be necessary as I
tested a deb install yesterday.

[This is getting very detailed. Someone shout if we should go off list!]

LS
--
Laurence Southon
Tiger Computing, Bexley