[Klug-general] Hardware problem with Toshiba laptop

Mike Evans mike at tandem.f9.co.uk
Wed Jul 15 18:31:41 UTC 2009

nicolas diogo wrote:
> Mike,
>
> did you upgrade the BIOS at any stage?
> that may account for different behaviours for the hardware.
>
> Nicolas

Nope  - never touched it guv'ner - and Ubuntu 7.10 is still running in
the other partition without the noapic setting so methinks it has to be
a software change in the kernel.  Like Aitch said: "We have found kernel
changes for newer hardware causing all sorts of 'anomalies' with older
hardware"  Always a downside to modernity I guess!

Mike