[Klug-general] autotools [was: Saturday 25th July 10am to 2pm]

Mike Evans mike at tandem.f9.co.uk
Sat Jul 18 11:12:45 UTC 2009

james morris wrote:

> i'm half tempted to look at scons instead, which is supposed to address
> the autotools mess.

There will of course be another mess in it's place - all depends on
whether it suits you better.  Anything that means you end up with the
regulation directory structure to be distributed is good as far as I'm
concerned.  At my last contract being a Java house for ECommerce, the
build team made great use of Ant and achieved some great stuff included
automated version control check-out, build, distribution and deployment.