[Klug-general] ISPs

Karl Buckland karl at digital-end.com
Fri Jul 31 06:38:54 UTC 2009

Yes, the new BE website looks hideous. The old one was quite nice, so
it's a shame. I've used Plus.net (who are fine), BE (who are good) and
I'm now on Sky Broadband. Sky do indeed allow pretty much anything and
it's dirt cheap if you have their TV already. The speeds and pings are
good, but you *have* to use their hardware according to the T&C's. I
know people have got away without using their hardware, but apparently
Sky will know when you phone them up as they can connect to your Sky
router.

As for Virgin Media, it seems to depend where abouts in the country
you are. If there's a lot of contention then the speeds are terrible,
if you're one of few users in your area then the speeds are great.
Although I know a lot of people get their connections throttled on
Virgin.

Karl Buckland