[Klug-general] It’s finally here – the new Kent Linux User Group website

nic dan dungeons88 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 10 16:04:28 UTC 2009

Hi, J

 thanks

"Which part of the costs do you want to reduce? Hardware costs? Running
costs (power, phone line?)"

running costs, both PC & phone - hardware comes and goes [thanks to fish, btw :)]

I'm working on the power bit, with an epia mini itx I'm currently building,
but phone/broadband costs are a struggle

I keep reading about voip but haven't got my head around it, though I did download a copy of trixbox 2.4,
but had a mobo failure on the box I was going to try it on

tried skype - sucks IMHO, uses too much resources

I use meebo for my msn messenger as I still have my legacy hotmail account not all transferred to fastmail yet

I keep reading about ATAs, as using a phone that only works when the PC is on, sucks, too

I have a huawei 220 on 3/payg for my IBM t21 that's expensive to use, too, but works well with puppylinux
I never got wifi roaming to go other than where you had to pay to log-on

- not very good at cracking passwords~~~LOL

I have many friends abroad Europe/Canada/US and travel a fair bit, too

any ideas?

Aitch :)
> Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 14:20:18 +0100
> From: klug at quixotic.org.uk
> To: kent at mailman.lug.org.uk
> Subject: Re: [Klug-general]	It’s finally here – the new Kent Linux User Group	website

MSN straight to your mobile - news, entertainment, videos and more.

http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/147991039/direct/01/