[Klug-general] Ubuntu Query

Peter Apps peter at sheppey.free-online.co.uk
Wed Jun 10 17:19:05 UTC 2009

Hi,

I've installed Kubuntu 8.04 to half a dozen machines with layout you
want with no problems. I've just added Kubuntu 9.04 to my new laptop.
Look for the manual install button at the bottom of the Partition
Options page. You can then have partitions for just about everything.

The only time I've had problems is when I've copied the hidden files in
my user. Some  are links which don't travel very well and some files
have permissions problems.

Create a new user and see if you get the same messages. If you don't
then it's a question of which personal preferences are irreplaceable.

Incidentally, many thanks to everyone who responded to my laptop
problems. I sorted it by replacing. Now the only question is, how do I
chuck the  old one into the sea.

Two handed over my head or skim it like a flat stone. Is there a Linux
howto for this?

Regards, Peter.