[Klug-general] Dongle

Alan @ COMM-TECH alan at communitytechnology.org.uk
Tue May 12 15:21:43 UTC 2009

Whether a wireless device works "out the box" with Linux depends on
whether the chipset is supported in your kernel. The following
information would help:

- What kind of connectivity do you need (Wifi or 3G)
- Where do you shop? If you send a URL of what item you have been
recommended then someone in this list may know about compatibility or
advise of something that works similar functionality.

Once the device is working, you need to an interface to manage the
connection, deal with WPA or PPP etc, NetworkManager works ace in gnome
but perhaps someone else here know about Suse?