[Klug-general] [Klug-General] Saturday 30th May Dover Meeting

Peter Childs peterachilds at gmail.com
Tue May 12 19:44:14 UTC 2009

2009/5/11 Fish <goldfish654 at gmail.com>:
> 2009/5/11 Colin McCarthy <binarysignal at gmail.com>:
>> Does anyone have a suggestion for topics?  Does anyone want to offer to do a
>> Tech Talk?  Would people like a 'Fix-It Workshop' type meeting and possible
>> sort out any MythTV problems for example :-)  (assuming clever, in the know
>> people are coming to help with the solving)
>>
>> Let me know so we can work to get things organized.
>
> I'd be happy to do a tech talk on *something*, but not MythTV because
> I've got absolutely no experience in it, beyond looking at the GUI.
>
> I could do a little talk on Open Source Hardware or something related.
>  This is quite an interesting field which is relevant in particular to
> Linux users, and is an example of Open source philosophies extending
> beyond the realms of just software development.
>
> Not necessarily practical information, but potentially of interest.
> It'd be fairly short (half an hour or so) and I can bring some toys to
> demonstrate with.

That sounds  like as intresting,  topic, Things seam to have got
easier but there is still that odd bit of hardware that is not linux
compatiable or easy to use..... Maybe some ideas on getting wireless
network access to work......

Now am I going to make it, I'm free but its a long way to Dover.
(Thats if I can get out of looking after the kids)

Peter.