[Klug-general] Network Switches

nic dan dungeons88 at hotmail.com
Sat May 16 15:29:09 UTC 2009

oops sorry colin
had 20 odd klugmails & hit the wrong one

From: binarysignal at gmail.com
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 12:40:51 +0100
To: kent at mailman.lug.org.uk
Subject: Re: [Klug-general] Network Switches

2009/5/16 nic dan <dungeons88 at hotmail.com>

Hi Colin
Most replies seem to focus on switches/network cards/type&make, however my experience of this is that often cabling gets chafed in doors/wheeled on/trodden on/pulled etc & I presume you have tried unplugging switch cleanering & replugging &/or replacing cables?

You should have at least one more modern managed switch in circuit as you are probably getting packet/path crashing/storms, as has been suggested
Aitch
If you go back and read the thread you will find that Peter is having the issues and requesting assistance, and I offered advice.

Please direct your feedback to him.

Colin