[Klug-general] Webcams and remote controls

Mike Evans mike at tandem.f9.co.uk
Thu May 28 12:57:14 UTC 2009

J D Freeman wrote:

> I am looking for a webcam, ideally I am after an IP one, but would settle
> for a usb one if I can't find a suitable IP one. However, I have a few
> slightly unusual requirements for it. It needs to be able to focus
> properly close to the camera, something in the region of 4-6inches,
> closer is better. It needs to work with IR light. Needs to be as high a
> res as possible, minimum is about 1024x768. Oh, and of course, it needs to
> work with linux.

There are some manufacturers of bird boxes with cameras like that built
in so they must exist.  My logitech quickcam has a screw in/out adjuster
for the lens and as a result will focus at 3in quite easily, should I
wish to hold my face so close that you can count the pores in my nose.
No idea how well it works in the IR spectrum.

Mike