[Klug-general] Gaming session - Ashford

Colin McCarthy binarysignal at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 09:48:02 UTC 2009

2009/11/10 David Halliday <david.halliday at gmail.com>

> What was discussed is to aim to do three separate and different games.
> Each game is organised by a separate person who provides copies of the
> game (Ashford has no internet) and a server (hosting it on your gaming
> rig is allowed) but stand alone servers score geek points :)
>
> We discussed:
> 1: Armagetron - http://www.armagetronad.net/ Easy to learn and get
> into. Runs on fairly low spec hardware and looks nice on newer
> machines. This is the one I'm aiming to do.
> 2: An FPS (there are lots of them). I think Tremulous -
> http://tremulous.net/ was suggested and that Thom wants to run this
>  one. If there are any prefered FPSs this is open to discussion.

I like this idea and would like to suggest either
http://www.worldofpadman.com/ or even better http://www.urbanterror.net/ for
the FPS game.
A gaming session meeting can be and probably more of a social event, more
relaxed maybe and possibly get some new people to turn up.

We'll see about adding this to our 2010 schedule. We maybe back in Ashford
for our February meeting if it's available.

Colin