[Klug-general] Gaming session - Ashford

dan attwood danattwood at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 11 09:54:55 UTC 2009

Thom Dalladay wrote:
> As per the discussion at the Ashford meeting, if supplying the server
> is a problem, I have a 1U server and a 16 port switch that I can
> supply as a gameserver, I'd provide appropriate access to the
> individual wishing to setup a game.

We have tried these sessions in the past and one thing that we've learnt
is that as far as posible things need to be setup and running before the
day. There's nothing more frustating then spending 2 hours setting up
the server only to have to pack up and go home.

When we ran world of padman at rochester I had the server setup before
hand in a vm and I siggest this might be the way forward. Perhaps
tinycore linux which would make the vms small enough to fit on a usb key
and bring along?

dan