[Klug-general] Asterisk - good or bad?

Peter Childs peterachilds at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 15:59:22 UTC 2009

2009/9/9 nic dan <dungeons88 at hotmail.com>:
> Hi paully - I'm a bit late to the party, as I see you have plenty of replies
> Something else to look at, which is apparently easier to setup is, trixbox
>
> http://www.trixbox.org/
>
> videosetup guide
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILrp8cm1pec
>
> IPV6 seems to cure the jitters
>
> http://www.ipv6.com/articles/voip/VOIP-IPV6.htm
>
> I'm also considering this and BE with a static IP, so I'll be interested in
> how you get on
>
> That double NAT network setup sounds awkward/cumbersome - is it really
> necessary?
>
> Wouldn't a STUN setup be better?
>
> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/STUN
>
> What do the experts think?

I can't work out how to get STUN to work on my Be box.

I'm currently looking at options to lose one of the NATs but everyone
I look at means I lose something. The bit between the two Nats is a
silly demilitarized zone, with a wifi network running in it (and two
computers one for In Bound stuff and one for outbound. (Not that
anyone except the Boss uses that) I could combine the two but it does
not solve the problem.

Peter.