[Klug-general] Asterisk - good or bad?

nic dan dungeons88 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 10 02:36:18 UTC 2009

Hi Peter

You say,

"I'm currently looking at options to lose one of the NATs but everyone
 I look at means I lose something."

without defining something....?
"I could combine the two but it does
not solve the problem."

without defining the problem....?

A demilitarised zone can be setup on a single multiported ipcop, smoothwall, or similar firewall box

You just need three network cards/ports - one of which can be demilitarised/wireless network

[usb wifi, I think will work]

or use the dm port to hang a wireless router on

This shouldn't be a problem for any voip setup

You may need a X100P-SE FXO card, if you haven't got one, about £20 from ebay

see http://vimeo.com/1396948

some proprietary routers [WRT54G] have stun server built in, I believe

 - its a sort of un-mangler for the packets

good luck

Aitch