[Klug-general] Asterisk - good or bad?

Peter Childs peterachilds at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 08:39:17 UTC 2009

2009/9/10 Colin McCarthy <binarysignal at gmail.com>:
> 2009/9/10 Kevin Groves <kgroves at ksoft-electrical-projects.co.uk>
>>
>> Peter Childs wrote:
>>>
>>> For my next trick swap Ekiga for Astersks.....
>>>
>>> Or at least I think thats progress.
>>>

>> Might be a bit too far...
>

> With all this Asterisk talk anyone think it's a good idea for a meeting
> topic?  We would need someone to step forward and do a demo on it
> probably.....waits patiently for volunteers
>
> Colin

Someone did a talk on Asterisk before was it 2 or 3 years ago... (Or
was it an impromptu discussion) I seam to remember discussing it at
the Wildlife barn in Maidstone when we used to meet there.....

I looked at Ekiga last night perhaps we could use it to restart our
virtual meets using the conference features, (Like we had with Skype
but at least it would be OSS and without the limit on numbers of
participants)

I'm looking the best method to learning Asterisk to use in a small
call centre, is it worth buying a/the book?

Peter.