[Klug-general] Asterisk - good or bad?

Colin McCarthy binarysignal at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 09:02:35 UTC 2009

2009/9/11 Peter Childs <peterachilds at gmail.com>

> 2009/9/10 Colin McCarthy <binarysignal at gmail.com>:
> > With all this Asterisk talk anyone think it's a good idea for a meeting
> > topic?  We would need someone to step forward and do a demo on it
> > probably.....waits patiently for volunteers
> >
> > Colin
> >

> Someone did a talk on Asterisk before was it 2 or 3 years ago... (Or
> was it an impromptu discussion) I seam to remember discussing it at
>  the Wildlife barn in Maidstone when we used to meet there.....

I think it was actually done at Dover when we used to meet at the docks.
 Kevin ran the demo.  I am sure lots has changed in 3 years.

>  I looked at Ekiga last night perhaps we could use it to restart our

 virtual meets using the conference features, (Like we had with Skype

but at least it would be OSS and without the limit on numbers of
> participants)

Restarting the virtual meetings is a good idea especially now as we have
technology like www.yuuguu.com to do easy screen sharing.  All we need is a
topic for a virtual meeting to make one worth while running.

Colin