[Klug-general] Saturday 26th September Dover Meeting

Kevin Groves kgroves at ksoft-electrical-projects.co.uk
Sun Sep 20 19:00:20 UTC 2009

> A list of audio/MIDI software for Linux here:
>
> http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/apps/start

Thanks will take a look at that.

> What you want depends on how far you're willing to get into it. When you
> say MIDI instruments do you mean hardware of software?
>
> like Rosegarden (a MIDI sequencer with all bells/whistles) and
> fluidsynth.

yes I'm playing with a combination of Hydrogen, Rosegarden, Muse, Linux
Media Studio (found today) and various Tracker apps. But I would like to
see a good combination of hardware keyboards coupled up to the ideal
software sequencer etc.

> I could probably bring my desktop with me, if you're interested to see
> the above software running, but I don't have any speakers I could
> bring, otherwise it's headphones.

Cool like I say it's really the setup I'm looking at right now. I think
I can imagine what the sounds will be. :-) Just to know best hook up
will make things really helpful before I go and look for a key board.

I've read that USB MIDI has moved on now and is in the base kernel. How
viable is that?

Thanks
Kev,