[Klug-general] facebook group?

nic dan dungeons88 at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 21 21:01:53 UTC 2009

I take it you mean:

"Topics for talks are being discussed on the mailing list and will be posted here when arranged."
and a general google map...

as compared to....

"
The October 20, 2009
Linux SIG meeting is on the 3rd Tuesday of the
month

at the Lakewood Fire Station, 5000 Steilacoom Blvd SW,
Lakewood, WA 98499

(by the water tower & on the West side of
the complex) in Training Room #2.

Doors open by 6:30 PM for
setup. Super fast T-1 internet connections
available.

We will review the rapid advance of the Linux operating system and what to expect in the near future.

We will also look at the newly
released or upcoming Linux
distributions including

Mepis Linux 8.0.10
(which
runs on
Debian and adds improvements),

Puppy Linux 4.2.1
for
old/low capacity computers, flash drives, etc,

Kubuntu 9.04
& Fedora
11.
We
will continue to explore Dimdim
virtual online meeting capability and take a look at

Virtual
Private Networks (VPN), Krdc, Krfb,
Kvpnc,
TightVNC, OpenVPN,

Putty
SSH Client, Gizmo,
Skype,
Ekiga & Yugma.
Look for the upcoming Google Wave."

 [Here, A map with an arrow showing where the meeting is, is shown, but I can't include it here, due to hotmail limitations] then,

"Linux is quickly becoming
the preferred computer
operating system!

Say good bye to expensive proprietary operating systems, viruses,
worms,

trojans, crashes, forced upgrades, infuriating pop-ups, repair bills
&

get a better,
complete Linux operating system

with all the applications you need
for a very affordable price.

Now is the time to make the move to
Linux.

We welcome you to join us. "

This isn't intended to be a slanging, but a discussion of possible website improvements,
..... to just be a little more 'welcoming & enthusiastic', that's all, ....if that's possible...?
No doubt whoever does the admin for the site puts in a fair amount of effort, which I applaud,
..... but why not more, & from all of us??
I bet if I'd asked for the best p*ss-take there'd have been overwhelming response LOL
[this is based on my assessment from personal experience since joining the klug list
 - I'm still trying to be friendly, in case no-one's noticed.....]

Aitch :)