[Klug-general] Saturday 26th September Dover Meeting

Kevin Groves kgroves at ksoft-electrical-projects.co.uk
Mon Sep 21 21:05:00 UTC 2009

james morris wrote:

> I don't really use sequencers for much more than creating loops which I
> then cut-up the recorded sound of in ardour (usually). Seq24 and the
> NON-sequencer are both worth looking at, the latter for something a
> little different (both of these i like 'cos you can easily choose
> chords and put notes into them and keep them in tune ;-)

lol I've played a bit with seq24.

> I meant to mention also, that onboard sound cards are not recommended for
> this kind of stuff, they usually have poor data-transfer rates, use the
> CPU, and cheap re-sampling chips, etc.

Yes I heard that no surprise really.
> I've got an M-Audio delta 66, (apparently lots of music technology
> classes use these) which was not too expensive, lacks exciting features
> designed to draw mainstream consumers, and is good for working with
> demanding audio apps.

I will hold off cards until I experiment some more.

My main issue is keyboard selection. There are a lot out there and
picking the right one is a pain. I need to find a couple of good sources
where I can play before I buy.

Thanks
Kev,