[Klug-general] Saturday 26th September Dover Meeting

james morris james at jwm-art.net
Mon Sep 21 21:53:18 UTC 2009

On 21/9/2009, "Kevin Groves" <kgroves at ksoft-electrical-projects.co.uk>
wrote:

>james morris wrote:
>>
>> I don't really use sequencers for much more than creating loops which I
>> then cut-up the recorded sound of in ardour (usually). Seq24 and the
>> NON-sequencer are both worth looking at, the latter for something a
>> little different (both of these i like 'cos you can easily choose
>> chords and put notes into them and keep them in tune ;-)
>>

>lol I've played a bit with seq24.

The thing I find most difficult with Linux audio apps is having to reload
all the settings and reconnecting things because I've not got the hang
of the QjackCtl patchbay, and the Linux Audio Session Handler (LASH) is
not supported by all the software and lacks a lot of functionality (but
see new version called ladish,
http://linuxaudio.org/mailarchive/laa/2009/9/4/159245 )......

>My main issue is keyboard selection. There are a lot out there and
>picking the right one is a pain. I need to find a couple of good sources
>where I can play before I buy.

Ah I see. All I can do is vaguely recall a music shop down from the
cinema on Military rd, Canterbury, but don't know if it's still there
;-)