[Klug-general] Saturday 26th September Dover Meeting

Kevin Groves kgroves at ksoft-electrical-projects.co.uk
Tue Sep 22 18:58:19 UTC 2009

james morris wrote:

> The thing I find most difficult with Linux audio apps is having to reload
> all the settings and reconnecting things because I've not got the hang
> of the QjackCtl patchbay, and the Linux Audio Session Handler (LASH) is
> not supported by all the software and lacks a lot of functionality (but
> see new version called ladish,
> http://linuxaudio.org/mailarchive/laa/2009/9/4/159245 )......

Yes I'm seeing a heck of a lot of things to fiddle with to link things
up. :-)

> Ah I see. All I can do is vaguely recall a music shop down from the
> cinema on Military rd, Canterbury, but don't know if it's still there
> ;-)

LOL I think there are a fair few to visit so I'm sure I'll find
something. I've seen that m-audio one around and I've taken a fancy to a
Korg one.
> >From what you said about imagining what the software sounds like and
> having played around with some of it (which I didn't realise) I won't
> bother bringing my PC as I've no hardware to show, and a pain to
> transport. I could though bring the broken m-audio keystation MIDI
> controller keyboard if you wanted to just feel how the keys play (but
> i'd advise against getting one because changing settings is such a
> pain).

No problem. It would be good to try the keyboard, perhaps even see if it
hooks up if possible.

Thanks
See ya
Kev,