[Klug-general] September Dover Synopsis

james morris james at jwm-art.net
Mon Sep 28 18:18:44 UTC 2009

On 28/9/2009, "Colin McCarthy" <binarysignal at gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi all and thanks to everyone who came to the meeting on Saturday in Dover.
>
>For this months synopsis I have actually done it differently. I have been
>trying to learn how to use Scribus so I have created a newsletter style
>synopsis in Scribus and then exported it to a PDF.  You can find it here
>http://www.kentlug.org/node/21822 (if the KLUG site can cope with us all
>going there at once) This is just my first attempt at using Scribus so don't
>be too critical of my layout or style please.
>
>Scribus is a great application and I am enjoying using it and will probably
>make more issues of 'This Month In KLUG' with it :-)
>
>Colin

Hi Colin,

I like the overall layout and colours, and the header graphic -
especially in tandem with the list of old computers below it. It does
the job too.

Going off on a nostalgic tangent now...

when I was using the Amstrad CPC 464, I'd buy the magazines and
sometimes dream of an Amstrad 1640!

There was a parallax scrolling demo in one of the mags, IIRC, a couple of
hundred lines of hex codes and checksums which I spent hours typing out.
It did some giggery-pokery with the screen display. I really don't
think I've ever seen scrolling as smooth since.

Cheers,
James.