[Klug-general] get_iplayer fork

David Halliday david.halliday at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 14:02:38 UTC 2010

I know some people on the list used to enjoy the get_iplayer script:
http://linuxcentre.net/getiplayer

Being someone who doesn't get to watch TV shows when they are on and often
ends up watching things in batch I was upset to hear that the original
get_iplayer script ended. Details of the original get_iplayer project
finishing are here:
http://linuxcentre.net/get_iplayer-dropped-in-response-to-bbcs-lack-of-support-for-open-source

In a more recent article the developer updated us on what is now the state
of affairs: http://linuxcentre.net/get_iplayer-news

In short, the original project is dead.However there are a number of forks,
including this one:
http://www.infradead.org/get_iplayer/html/get_iplayer.html

Which I got working and can recommend the new Sherlock Holmes (at
an hour and a half an episode there is a reason why I want to be able to
start, stop, rewind and watch more than a week after the last episode
was broadcast.