[Klug-general] Where in the world?

Stuart Brand stuart at stuartbrand.co.uk
Mon Aug 23 21:15:04 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-08-21 at 22:21 +0100, Mike Evans wrote:

> To be fair to PC World, although it is some time back, I bought my
> Laptop at the one in T. Wells and the moment I mentioned Linux they
> wheeled out their enthusiast who promptly repartitioned the disk so that
> there was space for it and checked that the Windows installation was
> still working before I left the shop with it.  All free of charge.
>
> MikeE

That was good, I got one at Maidstone and they tried to sell my add on
software, again I too mentioned Linux and the guy told me it would void
my warranty??? and if I wanted to return it for repair it would have to
have windows installed or they wouldn't look at it? since when are
hardware faults caused by software?(besides the over clockers)and
repairs depend on the software installed? That's the sort of person that
thinks pressing the wrong button can make your PC self destruct.

it would seem that knowing how to load internet explorer is as much
skill needed to work there...

Stuart