[Klug-general] Mail Servers

Peter Childs pchilds at bcs.org
Fri Dec 17 12:02:43 UTC 2010

One used to be able to setup a Linux box to send E-Mail directly. using
Exim, Postfix or even sendmail.

I stopped doing this about 5 years ago as more and more of the mail was
getting rejected due to the fixed ip I was using not being a "certified"
mail server.....

So what do I need to do to get the server "Certified" so that people will
accept mail off it.

I want to be able to send out quite a lot of mail more than the ISP will
accept but its not Spam, more mailing lists and news letters to people who
have agreed, to receive them.

I think I need some kind of entry in the DNS but I've never really been able
to make head or tail of the instructions.....

Peter.