[Klug-general] Mail Servers

Martin A. Brooks martin at hinterlands.org
Fri Dec 17 12:09:18 UTC 2010

http://hinterlands.org/wiki/index.php/DebianEximDovecotSquirrelmailSieve

> I stopped doing this about 5 years ago as more and more of the mail was
> getting rejected due to the fixed ip I was using not being a "certified"
> mail server.....

That sounds like you were sending to one of the freemail providers.  I'd
mostly ignore that.

> So what do I need to do to get the server "Certified" so that people will
> accept mail off it.

Nothing special.  Matching forward and reverse will help a bit, as will
your host not having a generic dyndns name like dsl-1-2-3-4.yourisp.com.