[Klug-general] Faversham LUG anyone?

Jake Subs subs at growdigital.net
Wed Feb 3 15:29:09 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-02-02 at 12:14 +0000, james morris wrote:
> I spend half my time programming, and the other half, producing
> audio/electronic music/digital art (as opposed to design), and tend to
> not use things like Gnome/KDE which are generally what the newcomer is
> likely to be using.

I think you're right, the newcomer will want to do the not-so-exciting
file management, web browsing, email, writing letters etc. first of all.

I was thinking about borrowing/creating some sort of certificate for "I
can use Linux for day to day tasks". I'm sure there must be some OCN
certificate out there?

But then, music/audio/art stuff is the Whizzy Glam Biz that brings 'em
in, so there must be some call for that in Canterbury?

--
[~] Jake Rayson
[e] subs at growdigital.net
[w] http://growdigital.net