[Klug-general] Faversham LUG anyone?

Colin McCarthy binarysignal at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 12:49:41 UTC 2010

On 1 February 2010 13:07, Jake Rayson <jake at growdigital.net> wrote:

> I'd like to start spreading the word about Free Software and GNU/Linux
> on a very local level, running a monthly "install Linux and get advice"
> in a local community centre, and then try to have a Linux Buddy
>  System(TM) where seasoned linuxers are paired with someone setting up.

> Any thoughts? Anyone interested?

I think a separate FLUG setup would be a waste of resources and time. I
think a better idea would be to (if you have a meeting location) have
Faversham as a dedicated training location run by willing KLUG members.

KLUG currently has 144 email addresses signed up to the mailing list. Only
about 15-25 of them ever say anything or attend a meeting.  If the aim is to
spread the word about Free Software and GNU/Linux then it's worth while
targeting them as they have already expressed an interest by signing up to
the mailing list.

A 'KLUG Training Event' in Faversham could be completely separate from a
normal KLUG meeting, held on a different weekend, or day and be structured
differently.

Just my opinion. What ever you do you have my support.
Colin