[Klug-general] Paul Hudson's Coding Academy

Michael E. Rentell michael.rentell at ntlworld.com
Wed Feb 3 16:35:13 UTC 2010

Colin McCarthy wrote:
> On 3 February 2010 16:24, Michael E. Rentell
> <michael.rentell at ntlworld.com <mailto:michael.rentell at ntlworld.com>>
> wrote:
>
>     But just to keep the ubuntu lobby sweet, you'll be pleased to know
>     that
>     I've just loaded up Paul Hudson's Coding Academy, which is a tweaked
>     version of ubuntu 9.1, into my VirtualBox.
>
>     I'll learn this modern stuff even if it kills me.
>     MikeR
>

> Is this from the magazine? Did you order it or buy in a store? I hear
> it's out of stock online and have not see it in a store.
> Wondered if it would have been a good beginners guide to programming.
>
> Colin

I get Linux Format magazine on subscription so I get it very very early.
This was advertised in it and I ordered it on-line within two hours of
my receiving it. After two weeks I phoned and asked where it was. It
seems they were out of stock and were expecting the second consignment
in 'soon'. I got it last week. It is very good and I would think it a
good beginners guide to programming. It is all mono as far as I can see,
but that's ok with me. But I haven't started it yet. Only just got the
ubuntu loaded in VB.

Methinks the advert was a finger-in-the-air trial and print numbers were
held until the interest was assessed and funding was in. Apparently it
is selling like hot cakes. Glad I've got mine.
MikeR