[Klug-general] media players

Colin McCarthy binarysignal at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 15:44:28 UTC 2010

On 4 February 2010 08:18, Dan Attwood <danattwood at googlemail.com> wrote:

> there was a brief discussion on media players at the last meeting and
> amazement at how banshee had finally got library watching.
>
> I few days ago however my copy of linux format arrived and they had an
> article on subsonic (*subsonic*.sourceforge.net/)

I saw this in the magazine too but did not bother setting it up as with
services like Spotify and Grooveshark.com I can, on demand, stream any music
I wanted anyway.

I did just have a look at their online demo at
http://subsonic.org/demo/login.view?user=guest5&password=guest which is
populated by free music and found some lovely soothing music from Maya
Filipic » Between two worlds   to listen to. And also download directly from
the demo site.

Now if this service could do streaming video like www.orb.com then that
would make it worth setting up.

Colin