[Klug-general] media players

Andrew Spode Miller spode at thinkbikes.com
Thu Feb 4 10:30:38 UTC 2010

For gaming, I've had much better luck with WINE than VirtualBox - in fact, I
know I've played Pirates! via WINE (and didn't like it).

Make sure you're using the WINE repos and not Ubuntu, there is a dramatic
difference in compatability. Also - although I don't know if this is because
I run dual monitors - I find I get much much better results if I specify a
virtual desktop in the WINE configuration. It means everything runs inside a
Window, but it's not the end of the world and you can always make the Window
the size of your screen and position it so.

Spode