[Klug-general] Faversham Linux Users Group - workshops

Jake Rayson subs at growdigital.net
Wed Feb 17 12:53:43 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-02-16 at 12:34 +0000, David Halliday wrote:
> But for the benefit of those interested What time is it going to be?
It will be 10am-1pm.

> I just had a look at the http://www.flug.org.uk/ website, I think the
> home page should have more information about who you are/what you do
> rather than requiring people to sign up/log in before seeing anything.
I emailed the KLUG list well in advance of a 'public' announcement, as
I have yet to build the web site!

> I assume that the cost is "£20" I fail to see how you are going to
> attract (I won't refer to myself as an expert) people with Linux
> experience to give of their and time to help others by charging them
> such a fee,
Sorry, I should have been clearer. The new users will pay the £20,
rather than the experienced users. Also, I wouldn't expect the
experienced users to all be present all the time, rather that they can
act as a point of contact for new users via email/the web site for
support for the four weeks of the course.

To that end, I've booked the Sydney Room at the Alexander Centre in
Faversham from 7pm to 9pm for the inaugural meeting on Thursday 1st April.

> If so it sounds more like you are offering to provide training/service
> to people as a business rather than a general LUG type activity.
The £20 just covers the hire of the room (£120 for the four sessions),
so rest assured it's not a business venture!

Thank you for your comments, they've been very helpful. I'll be getting
the site up and running as soon as possible.

cheers, Jake