[Klug-general] Tech meet thank you

Daniel Ellis mail at danellis.co.uk
Sun Feb 28 15:47:32 UTC 2010

I have attempted to create a screen cast of the demo this morning,
unfortunately I have run into problems.  gtk-recordMyDesktop is causing X to
crash when using OpenShot.  The lauchpad bug is here
https://bugs.launchpad.net/openshot/+bug/499250

I have also tried Istanbul, but that has not worked on my system for ages,
and still does not work (I don't think that application is maintained any
more).

But fortunately, I did manage to get ffmpeg to record my desktop with
sound.  So I will attempt the screen cast again tonight when the kids are in
bed.

If your interested, the presentation file is attached, which includes all
the links and commands for installation etc.

Regards,
Dan Ellis