[Klug-general] Linux Ebook composition software

Dan Attwood danattwood at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 18 12:26:47 UTC 2010

there's a difference in online viewing and ebook. ebook format is a specific
type of thing - the ability to display the file on a physical ebook reader
device

it sounds like your looking for is something like;

http://page-flip.com/products/pdf-publisher/

or

http://www.zmags.co.uk/

Note but of these are flash based and won't work on a physical ebook reader

as for selling it - you'd probably need some kind of user based shopping
cart on the site so that they buy a subscription which then allows access to
the page with the book thing in it. You could then also include a
downloadable pdf for those that don't want flash or have an ebook reader