[Klug-general] Glitchy Thunderbird 3

Mike Evans mike at tandem.f9.co.uk
Fri Jan 22 13:47:51 UTC 2010

On 22/01/10 11:35, Michael E. Rentell wrote:

> Anyone else experiencing this?
> Just curious.
> MikeR

I seem to remember Thunderbird 3 came up through a hole in a building.
Seemed like a great idea but I always wondered what it was like trying
to reverse a rocket to get back in there.  Glad it wasn't my house...

But anyway - I run Thunderbird 3 under Gnome (Fedora12) and I've not
noticed the behaviour you describe.  I only have it set up to get mail
from the local mbox as I use fetchmail in daemon mode to collect my mail
from various places and dump it there, so it is unlikely to get hung up
whilst fetching mail.  I keep a CPU monitor on the task-bar so I'd have
noticed by now if CPU were getting consumed when it ought to be fairly
idle.  In fact there are often two of us logged on to separate Gnome
sessions with a copy of Tbird running in each all day.  A KDE thing then?