[Klug-general] pdf files in Thunderbird 3.0.5

Michael E. Rentell michael.rentell at ntlworld.com
Wed Jul 14 08:53:23 UTC 2010

G'mornin' all,
It has been some weeks since my last idiot question so I thought it time
to pose another  :-)

Since a recent automated upgrade of Thunderbird to ver 3.0.5 it has
changed its preference for opening pdf attachments. Previously it would
happily open them in adobe or one of the other pdf readers for Linux.
But now my Thunderbird opens GIMP and tries to stuff it in there -
unsuccessfully. Very odd.

Anybody know of a hidden box somewhere in Thunderbird which will allow
me to make it use the current pdf favourite for my distro - okular?

All kind offerings etc...

MikeR in Folkestone