[Klug-general] pdf files in Thunderbird 3.0.5

Michael E. Rentell michael.rentell at ntlworld.com
Thu Jul 15 11:25:33 UTC 2010

On 14/07/10 11:27, Mike Evans wrote:

>> Anybody know of a hidden box somewhere in Thunderbird which will allow
>> me to make it use the current pdf favourite for my distro - okular?
>>
>  Edit->preferences->attachments
>
> Shows a list of content types and the action - you can edit the action
> for a type there.  You can also delete any action you don't want from
> that window. What I don't see in that window is how to add a type.  I
> suspect that if it doesn't find an action there then it asks you and
> remembers that action if you say "always do that".
>
> MikeE

Many thanks for that Mike. Now I see that it all seems so easy. Actually
I was able to add 'Okular' to the list but I was not able to delete
'GIMP (default)'. So having added Okular, I then selected it from the
drop-down box and saved it as that. Now all I need is for someone to
send me an email with a pdf attachment to test it.
Cheers.
MikeR