[Klug-general] Baffled again - samba networking

Michael E. Rentell michael.rentell at ntlworld.com
Wed Jul 28 14:46:02 UTC 2010

Some progress at last.

Having got very simple networking cracked, I now am baffled by how to
address my two printers from WinXP under VirtualBox. When using
Mandriva/PCLOS I set the address of the printers as
'http://192.168.2.2:631/printers/cups-printer-name and it just worked.

Now the kubuntu distro has identified my printers as
usb://EPSON/Stylus%20Photo%20RX520 and usb://OKI%20DATA%20CORP%2014ex

I've tried variations of that in the WinXP network printer set-up but it
refuses to find them.

I'm still very new to ubuntu/kubuntu setups. Any suggestions anyone?

MikeR