[Klug-general] Ubuntu Freezing

Alan @ COMM-TECH alan at communitytechnology.org.uk
Mon Jun 14 11:58:46 UTC 2010

On 14/06/10 09:12, Peter Childs wrote:
> On 14 June 2010 09:05, Nathan Friend<nathan.friend at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Hi Peter,
>> Any core dump files?  Sometimes can be useful to trace what was happening
>> when the crash occurred.
>
> Nope, No Core Dump, No Network, (not even ping), No Nothing which is
> what tells me its either motherboard, processor or memory.
>
> Peter.
>
>> Cheers,
>> Nathan.

It sounds like hardware to me, and if the install is the same on all the
servers and the others work fine, then setting nopic is probably just a
bodge to get around the faulty hardware issue.

In my exp usually this sort of thing is related to RAM. If it's
practical, then I would swap the RAM between 2 servers and see if the
crash moves with the RAM (even new RAM can be faulty - it's a numbers
game for the manufacturers). Alan