[Klug-general] Kmail Address Book

Margot margot at lawrence1961.f9.co.uk
Fri Mar 5 13:55:10 UTC 2010

Mike Rentell wrote:
> On Friday 05 March 2010 10:32:58 Margot wrote:
>> Mike Rentell wrote:
>>> On an entirely different topic .. I've been forced to switch from
>>> Thunderbird ver 3.0-1 to Kmail because this latest version of Tbird is
>>> just so unstable on my PCLOS 2009.2 setup. No one else seems to have this
>>> problem but it is so annoying that I'm giving kmail a whirl.
>>>
>>> It seems perfectly satisfactory except that I cannot figure out how to
>>> get the integral address book to intercept incoming and outgoing email
>>> addresses and store them. Tbird was good at this and I would like that
>>> function.
>>>
>>> Anyone any idea how to switch that feature on? Or alternatively is there
>>> a repository somewhere I can get the earlier version of Tbird from. Don't
>>> like this new one at all.
>>>
>>> All offerings etc...
>>> MikeR
>> No idea about your Kmail problem I'm afraid - I'm still using
>> Thunderbird - but I had to downgrade back to Thunderbird 2 from 3
>> because 3 was so unstable. So unstable, in fact, that it was
>> completely unusable - it crashed every time I input my password to
>> collect my mail!
>>
>> Thunderbird 3 looks to have some nice features, but if I can't
>> actually read my mail in it I'll wait until some bugs have been
>> fixed before I try it again.
>
> Ah, now that is reassuring. It ain't just me then. Where did you get your old
> version 2 from?
> mikeR

Mandriva 2010 still officially uses Thunderbird 2 - version 3 is in
the "backports" repo, so I tried it but when it didn't work out I
just went back to the version of 2 in the normal repo.

mozilla-thunderbird-2.0.0.23-3.3mdv2010.0.i586.rpm is available here:
ftp://distrib-coffee.ipsl.jussieu.fr/pub/linux/MandrivaLinux/official/2010.0/i586/media/main/updates/

As PCLOS is Mandriva-based, maybe this rpm would work for you?

--
Margot