[Klug-general] Ubuntu Branding

George Prowse george.prowse at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 18:54:48 UTC 2010

On 06/03/2010 18:25, James Morris wrote:
> On Sat, March 6, 2010 16:33, Colin McCarthy wrote:

>>> As a Mac owner (and Ubuntu) I can tell you in no uncertain terms that
>>> that is far from Mac
>
> Maybe, Anoj was not speaking literally in terms of visual style of Ubuntu,
> but was in fact speaking in reference to the dogma?

It seems to be fashionable these days to have thin fonts and glossy,
glassy-style colours. This was not a Mac thing, I remember it in the
first Alphas and betas of Windows "Longhorn" in 2003-2004 and what we
know as the OSX "niceness" came in with "Tiger" in 2005.

Actually, come to think of it, I remember a "Longhorn Style" in compiz
in 2005 - after which Apple *really* started ripping off all of Linux's
desktop goodies