[Klug-general] MythTV and FreeSat

Peter Childs peterachilds at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 04:28:55 UTC 2010

On 11 March 2010 02:01, J D Freeman <klug at quixotic.org.uk> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 10:28:53PM +0000, Mike Evans wrote:
>>

>> > I ditched TV about a year ago and watch the good stuff on iPlayer etc
>> > - might be an option depending upon the quality of your broadband.
>> >
>> I ditched TV in 1987.  'nuf said.
>
> The only downside of not having a tv is the amount of abuse you get from
> the TV licensing idiots. They seem to find it completly implausible that
> someone in the modern day and age might actually not have a TV. They send
> all sorts of rude and insulting letters.
>
> J - Not had a TV since 2005

So you have met the Tax Man in his element......

Everyone knows that TV Licensing does not work and is really just
another Tax. It would not surprise if the money went into the  general
Tax pot and then had to come out the other end again....

However British TV is still some of the best in the world, one of our
major exports, and content commissioned by the BBC is resold across
the world.

The main channel actually watched in by house is CBeebies, We watch a
bit of "Junk" because its there, otherwise the main us of the TV at
the moment is to use the WII and watch DVD's... We have Vigin Cable TV
but only because it came free with the Internet, we don't actually
watch anything we can't get on Freeview.

Peter.