[Klug-general] (no subject)

James Blake jimmyblake at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 14:47:13 UTC 2010

In the best Open Source tradition of choice, there are in fact well over 100 different keyloggers for Linux ranging from ones that embed themselves in the kernel to Python scripts.  The prevalence of utilities, scripting languages and a modular kernel actually make Linux a great environment for them.

However, Linux users tend to be more technically aware and the user base of Windows is much larger, so as Mike says that platform is primarily targeted.

I've seen quite a few Linux keyloggers deployed in my time, but it isn't the norm.

Regards

James

James Blake PhD CISSP CISM CCSK
Group Chief Security Officer
Mimecast

Windows users make up the majority o

--
Sent from the mobile device of James Blake