[Klug-general] Defragging Vista

Dan Attwood danattwood at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 06:33:57 UTC 2010

> While the defragmentation process appeared to be doing it properly, it
> does of course conspire against linux by leaving a handful of files
> scattered around the end of the Vista partition just to prevent
> shrinking it.
>
>  If you use the gparted live cd that will let you essentially boot you into
gparted. From there you will be able to resize your hard disk partitions and
set up any other partitions you might want. I can't vouch as to if all the
files files be in a tidy block afterwards but it will work. An of course
you'll want a back beofre you do this. One option would be to use the
clonezilla live cd and create an image of the disk onto a usb disk or
similar.