[Klug-general] Bash / Curl Tuition - Answers to Nathan's questions 16:32pm 15/04/2011

Stephen Ryan intrench at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 15 15:47:16 UTC 2011

1.1 - This is also an exercise in learning to code everyday, so i have to
write the scripts myself vs. using premade apps.

1.2  My website is wordpress, so i guess, like you say i will have to work
out what commands to query WP db.

1.3  Again, i am interested in writing script to pull data of all kinds so
for me stats analysis will be an excercise in scoping how the data is laid
out in the stats app (whatever that may be) and then writing a script that
scrapes the data and saves it to file which i can vi it.

I want to be able to write code that uses Curl to crawl and identify
metadata and scrape the tags for inspection. So say i want to use SEO on my
website, i can run the script and it will tell me where the holes are in my
SEO.

Hope thats a bit clearer.

Cheers

Stephen